Helping other young carers can give you valuable experience and boost your confidence! The Carers’ Centre is always looking for young carers and young adult carers who want to get involved and give support.
If you become a volunteer for the Carers’ Centre you can do exciting things like:
- help organise young carers’ events and workshops
- get involved in mentoring other young carers who need help
- be part of developing our services so we offer the right support
- fundraise for the Carers’ Centre with sponsored events
- take part in publicity to highlight the importance of our work
Getting experience through volunteering can help you when it comes to applying for part time and full time work. Showing you have taken on responsibilities through volunteering and getting a good reference from an organisation like the Carers’ Centre will impress employers.
If you think you want to be a volunteer you just need to get in touch. We will give you more information and all the training and support you need.
Phone for free from a landline: 0800 0388 885 or from a mobile call: 01761 431388 (standard call charges apply). If you prefer, you can email us.