The all new exciting INVEST programme has arrived! It is about supporting young adults, aged 17-25 years, providing a safe space to discuss any issues you might face while caring for someone.
What the project will offer
Everyone who takes part in the project will be supported by our INVEST Officer who will work with each young adult carer through a Carers Star, this will enable you to create your own individual action plan to help you identify the areas of your life you might want to change.
You will be able to access a whole host of different types of support:
- 1:1 support with the Invest Officer
- Help to access college or university and how to balance studying with your caring role
- INVEST Training Programme - include workshops on First Aid, Coping with Caring, Budgeting, Cooking and Entrepreneurial Skills.
- Access our short breaks program, giving you a chance to have a break from home and meet new people. With one break each quarter exclusively.
- Counselling & befriending service
- Health check with one of our Community Activators.
- Employment and Training support to help you in to employment, self-employment and training.
Who is Invest for?
Invest will work with any carer aged 18-25, it doesn’t matter if you’ve been with the Carer’s Centre for years or have never been involved with us before!
If you are already registered with us as a young carer/adult carer and would like to participate in the INVEST project, please fill out the boxes below.
Register for the INVEST programme
For young adult carers aged 17 to 25